Edgecombe Brothers grow about four tonnes of asparagus annually and have been preparing it in the cafe for over ten years.
A class is now on offer for a minimum of two and a maximum of twenty two people per session.
The Asparagus Masterclass itinerary includes :
- a welcome coffee or tea plus homemade ANZAC biscuits;
- a walk to the asparagus patch, a short talk about asparagus cultivation and harvesting of the produce required for lunch;
- the preparation and cooking of the asparagus for lunch in the cafe;
- an entree dipping plate and tutored wine tasting during preparation;
- coffee or tea with dessert of Edgecombe Estate-grown chocolate-coated figs; and
- recipes, a starter pack of 250g of asparagus and an asparagus plant to take home.
Edgecombe Brothers can be contacted on 9296 4307 (between 11am and 4pm only) should you have further queries.