Congratulations to Sittella Winery! The Swan Valley winery scooped the pool at the recent Singapore Airlines Swan Valley Wine Show, winning a whopping eight trophies (that’s more than half from the night).
The privately-owned vineyard, which is owned by Simon and Maaike Berns, also picked up the most prestigious prize of the night – the Singapore Airlines Premium Trophy for best table wine of show for its Museum Release Silk 2009.
Sittella also picked up the gong for best sparkling wine, best red wine or blend, best Swan Valley red table wine, best fortified and the most successful producer trophy.
Other big winners on the night include Houghton Wines, Jarrah Ridge Wines and Mandoon Estate, with Domenic Pinelli from Pinelli Wines named the 2017 Icon of the Swan Valley.
Full list of the Singapore Airlines Swan Valley Wine Show 2017 winners:
* Best sparkling wine: Sittella Grand Vintage 2012
* Best verdelho: Faber Vineyard Swan Valley Verdelho 2013
* Best small producer (less than 35 tonnes): Jarrah Ridge Wines
* Best non-greater Perth zone wine (red or white): Mandoon Estate Margaret River Reserve Chardonnay 2016
* Best 2017 dry white wine of show: Stringybark Winery Verdelho 2017
* Alan Dinneen Memorial Trophy: Jarrah Ridge Reserve Shiraz 2016
* Best white wine or blend (other than verdelho): Sittella Museum Release Silk 2009
* Best red wine or blend (other than shiraz): Sittella Avant Garde Grenache 2016
* Best Swan Valley white table wine: Sittella Museum Release Silk 2009
* Best shiraz or shiraz-dominant blend: Aldersyde Estate Shiraz 2015
* Best Swan Valley red table wine: Sittella Avant Garde Grenache 2016
* Best fortified wine of show: Sittella Reserve Liqueur Muscat
* The West Australia Media Award Trophy for most successful producer: Sittella Winery
* City of Swan Trophy (for exhibitor whose five or more entries gained the highest average score): Houghton Wines
* Singapore Airlines Premium Trophy for best table wine of show: Sittella Museum Release Silk 2009