The City of Swan website has been designed to be accessible to everyone, so the staff involved in creating the new website have undertaken intensive usability and accessibility testing during this process, with specific attention to features like:
- Jump to content functionality: This allows people tabbing through the site to skip through the menu navigation and go directly to the content area of the page, which may be useful when using a screen reader.
- Page size: We understand that internet speeds can differ, so we have tried to ensure that our pages are quick to load for users with dialup. If you find that this is not the case we would be happy for you to send us feedback in this regard.
- Documents: We have endeavoured to ensure that our documents aren't too large and don't take too long to download, however in some instances this may be unavoidable. Wherever possible we try to display the document size in the document listing. We have set all documents to open in a new window.
- Text size: We have provided some options for readers who prefer larger text, however this can sometimes affect the way in which a page displays and is not always ideal. We are constantly working on improvements in this area. For more information about how to change text size, visit our Increasing Text Size page.
- Links to external websites: We have forced our hyperlinks pointing to external websites to open in a new window, all internal links should open in the same window unless indicated otherwise.
We are committed to ensuring that our website is regularly tested and maintained to guarantee the information, wherever possible, is available to everyone. If you encounter any accessibility issues, please contact us. Recent versions of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS contain many accessibility features that can assist computer users who are blind or vision impaired.